REGULAR CITY COUNCIL MEETING
MONDAY, May 20, 2013 – JASPER CITY HALL
465 SOUTH MAIN STREET – 6:00 PM
A G E N D A
Call to Order
● Mayor to Canvass Election of May 11, 2013
● Oath of Office to the newly elected Council Members in
District 1, District 2, and City Mayor.
**Proclamation Reading – Motorcycle Safety and Awareness Month.
**Information for Council Members – Honor and Remember Reception.
Public Comment –
City Council cannot discuss any presented issue, nor can it take any action on any issue at this time, except that a statement of fact, including policy may be made if responsive to an issue. AG Opinion JC – 0169.
ITEMS FOR DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION
1. Elect Mayor Pro-Tem.
2. Consider approval for (1) set of minutes:
● Regular City Council Meeting, April 15, 2013
3. Consider Proposal Letter of Interest from County Judge Mark Allen – Requesting
Lease and or Purchase of former Boy’s and Girl’s Club Building, also known as the
“Old Jasper Post Office Building.”
4. Consider Proposal Letter of Interest from Julie Tvrz, RN – Requesting Commercial
Lease of former Boy’s and Girl’s Club Building, also known as the “Old Jasper Post
5. Consider and discuss proposal received on security cameras for parks and advise staff
on direction council wishes to take.
6. Consider petition requesting annexation by area landowners.
7. Consider appointing an individual to serve on the DETCOG Board of
8. Consider appointing an individual to serve on the Southeast Texas Groundwater
Conservation District Board.
9. Consider appointing an individual to serve on the Sam Rayburn Municipal Power
This agenda is posted as required under Government Code, Section 551.041. For more information or a copy of the Open Meetings Act, please contact the Attorney General’s office at 1-800- 252-8011 or the City Secretary’s office at (409) 384-4651 or fax (409) 383-6125.
The City of Jasper Council Chambers is wheelchair accessible, and accessible parking spaces are available. Request for accommodations or interpretive services must be made 48 hours prior to this meeting. Please contact the city secretary’s office for further information.
POSTED this 10th day of May, 2013 @ 9:00 a.m.
Karen Pumphrey, City Secretary